Which type of accommodation is made for you ?
In Le Havre, there are 9 CROUS student residences, accounting for approximately 1,200 apartments !
- Downtown Le Havre
- Résidence Clovis : 12, rue Clovis - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Labédoyère : 29, rue Labédoyère - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence du Bougainville : 119, rue Casimir Delavigne - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Delavigne : 43-47, rue Casimir Delavigne - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Jules Lecesne : 124, rue Jules Lecesne - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence A’Docks : 37, rue des Chargeurs Réunis -76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Saint-Nicolas : 10, rue de l’Aviateur Guérin - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Duguay Trouin : 23, rue Duguay Trouin - 76600 Le Havre
- Uptown Le Havre
- Résidence Caucriauville : 36, rue Boris Vian - 76600 Le Havre
In addition to CROUS student residences, approximately 700 apartments are also available in private student residences managed by real estate professionals.
- Résidence Boieldieu : 29-31, rue Boieldieu -76600 Le Havre - 02 76 81 28 70 - Peltier Immobilier
- Résidence Dauphine : 99, rue Dauphine - 76600 Le Havre - 02 76 81 28 70 - Peltier Immobilier
- Résidence Jean-Jacques Rousseau : 20, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau - 76600 Le Havre - 02 35 42 49 00 - Foncia
- Résidence Jules Verne : 4, rue Michel Dubos - 76600 Le Havre - 0 810 461 461 - Groupe Akerys
- Résidence L’Amirauté : 22 - 24, rue Duguay Trouin76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Le Cambridge : 7-9, rue du Bastion et rue Paul Souday - 76600 Le Havre
- Résidence Saint-Exupéry : 35, rue Gabriel Péri - 76600 Le Havre - 02 35 42 49 00 - Foncia
- Résidence Universitis : 49, cours de la République - 76600 Le Havre - 02 35 42 49 00 - Foncia
- Résidence Villa des sciences : 37-39, rue Demidoff - 76600 Le Havre - 02 35 42 49 00 - Foncia
- Résidence Service Fénelon - 23 - 29, rue Fénelon - 76600 Le Havre - 02 35 11 32 40 - Appart City
- Résidence Cosy & Study : 14, rue Voltaire - 76600 Le Havre - 06 59 78 07 45 - cosyandstudy.com
- Résidence étudiants Sergic Dock City : 74, rue Marceau - 76600 Le Havre - 09 73 01 92 15 - sergic-residences.com
- Coloc Logeo : 139, cours de la République - 76600 Le Havre - 06 09 22 74 78 - email@example.com
In partnership with Le Havre Seine Métropole and the University of Le Havre Normandie, ENSM French Maritime Academy, EM Normandie Business School, Sciences Po, IFEN, INSA, ESADHaR, the Mary Thieullent Paramedical Training Institute, Lycée Saint-Jo, Lycée Saint-Vincent de Paul and Lycée Jeanne d’Arc, the Le Havre Student Accommodation Association (AHLOET) has selected over 1,500 apartments that meet its high quality standards.
For further information, please visit the ahloet.fr website and download the guidebook on housing procedures and housing assistance.
The Kolocations A Projets Solidaires (KAPS) are low-rent 2 to 3-bedroom shared apartments available to students in return for some community service.
Situated within walking distance from public transport, these refurbished, furnished, and fully-fitted apartments have been designed to make your life easy ! In return, you will have to commit to 2 to 4 hours of community service per week. You will be trained and monitored by AFEV, which will support you during your stay.
With the KAPS scheme, you will enjoy the experience of sharing and strengthen your credentials while you study !
What are the procedures to follow ?
Before your move into your new home, take the time to carry out a thorough check-in inventory of the premises with your landlord. Feel free to ask any question that springs to your mind and write down any defect you may find.
A security deposit must be paid to the landlord upon signing a lease. For unfurnished accommodation, it should amount to the equivalent of one month's rent (free of ancillary costs).
At the end of your tenancy, the cleanliness and condition detailed at check-in will be compared against the cleanliness and condition on check-out. All differences will be noted in a report. You are expected to clean the property to the same standard as noted in the check-in inventory report. If anything is different and considered above fair wear and tear, the landlord can claim repair, replacement, or for additional cleaning costs from your deposit. If everything complies, your deposit will be fully refunded within one month.
If you do not have a fixed and regular income, you will probably need a guarantor for the rental of your accommodation.
For furnished accommodation, the security deposit should not exceed the equivalent of 2 months' rent (free of ancillary costs) and should be detailed in the lease.
Before you move into your new accommodation, it is mandatory to have taken out home insurance.
Students living in an accommodation on 1st January of a calendar year may have to pay a local residence tax for that accommodation for the corresponding tax year, even if they leave the accommodation afterwards. However, some student accommodations are exempt from this tax.
After signing your lease, don't forget to get in touch with an electricity and/or gas supplier, if necessary. A list of all electricity and gas suppliers operating in Le Havre is available on the energie-info.fr website.
Don't forget to also get in touch with an Internet service provider to stay connected..
We advise you to ask your landlord for the name of the former tenant to make your procedures easy.
For contract subscription and termination procedures, monthly payment contracts, and online payment, please visit hariane.fr or call 02 35 22 25 25.
HOUSING BENEFITS AND SUPPORT
First of all, to be eligible for housing benefits from the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF), you need to have found your accommodation and be a tenant or a roommate.
Before you apply, you can run an online simulation on the caf.fr website to calculate your housing benefits in a few minutes.
Once you have signed your lease, do not waste time to apply for housing benefits. They will not be effective until one month after you have moved into your new accommodation.
You should receive your first allowance two months after your application.
Caisse d’Allocations Familiales
222, Bd de Strasbourg - 76600 Le Havre
For further information, please call 0 810 29 29 29 (local rates)
bus : 3 et 5 (Général Sarrail)
bus : 3, 8 et 9 (Gares)
tram : A et B (Gares)
The Dossier Social Etudiant (DSE) is a procedure that enables students to apply, through a single application form, for a scholarship based on social criteria and/or for an accommodation in a student residence.
Applications are to be made online from the etudiant.gouv.fr website, from January 15th to May 31st, and renewed each year for the next academic year.
CROUS Secrétariat de la Résidence du Bougainville
117, rue Casimir Delavigne - 76600 Le Havre
Phone : 02 35 42 30 28
The LOCA-PASS advance payment scheme is an interest-free zero-rate loan intended to cover all or part of the security deposit required by your landlord upon signing your lease.
The LOCA-PASS guarantee scheme acts as a security deposit to protect the landlord in the event of unpaid rents and ancillary costs .
To find out if you are eligible for these services, please visit the actionlogement.fr website or the Action Logement office.
208, Bd François 1er - 76600 Le Havre
Phone : 02 32 74 05 05
bus : 1 (La plage)
bus : 3 (Saint-Vincent)
tram : A et B (Saint-Roch)
VISALE is another guarantee scheme provided by Action Logement. It was designed to help students find accommodations by covering the security deposits required by the landlords in the event of unpaid rents and ancillary costs.
All young adults aged between 18 and 30 are eligible, regardless of their situation.
- How to apply :
- Applications have to be made by the tenants
- Applications have to be made before the lease is signed.
- Applications have to be made online on the visale.fr website.
To find second-hand clothing, furniture, kitchenware, and appliances at very reasonable prices, consider going to the following associations :
SECOURS POPULAIRE FRANÇAIS (vêtements, petits meubles, vaisselle)
10, allée Politzer • - 76600 Le Havre
Open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 2 pm to 4.30 pm, or by appointment e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus : 7, 17 (Docteur Lamaze)
bus : B (Pré Fleury)
EMMAÜS (clothing, furniture, kitchenware)
56, rue d'Iéna 76600 Le Havre
Open on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 1.30 pm to 5 pm
Open on Saturdays from 10 am to 12.30 pm and from 2 pm to 5.30 pm
phone : 02 35 20 20 45
bus : 5 (Place Humbert)
LE GRENIER (second-hand clothing)
241, avenue du 8 Mai 1945 - 76610 Le Havre ( tram : B , Saint-Pierre
71 cours de la République - 76600 Le Havre (tram : A et B, Université)
Bulk sales take place at the head office :
28, rue du Capuchet - 76620 Le Havre
phone : 02 35 21 18 24
Email : secrétariat.email@example.com
bus : 3 (Denis Cordonnier)
LA MALLE AUX AFFAIRES : (clothing, furniture, appliances, kitchenware)
11, rue Général Lassalle - 76600 Le Havre
Open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 2 pm to 5 pm
phone : 02 35 53 31 04
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
bus : 3 (Marceaux )