Two types of travel tickets :
- Single tickets can be purchased at every tram stop or by mobile phone : just text “1h” to 93 333 (1.80 €) to buy a single ticket
- The LiA Pass : This personal travel pass grants unlimited access to buses, trams, the funicular, and LER trains all year long. To get one, visit one of the LiA outlets located within walking distance from the City Hall and at the local bus station.
Buses operate 7 days a week, all year long (except on 1st May).
Routes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 22 operate until 12.30 am, in addition to the trams.
New bus routes are now up and running in the Le Havre Seine Métropole area : more information.
Trams operate 7 days a week, all year long (except on 1st May) :
- From Monday to Saturday : from 5 am to 12.30 am
- On Sundays and bank holidays : from 6 am to 12.30 am
Tickets cannot be bought on board the tram. Self-service ticket machines are available at every tram stops.
Use your mobile phone to buy tickets !
You can buy your single ticket by mobile phone. Just text “1h” to 93 333 (1.80 €) to buy one.
The funicular connects uptown to downtown. It operates 7 days a week, all year long (except on 1st May) :
- From Monday to Saturday, from 7.30 am to 9 pm
- On Sundays and bank holidays, from 7.30 am to 7.30 pm
Good to know
All LiA tickets grant access to the funicular. Specific funicular tickets are also available.
A 135 km cycle path network – with an additional 55 km completed in 2020 by Le Havre Seine Métropole – allows you to ride safely through the city. New temporary cycle paths have also been designed recently.
Have a look at the map to plan your trip !
Services to help you ride smoothly
Bicycle parks are accessible 24 hours a day to LiA Pass holders. 2,700 bicycle stands are spread across the city.
Free bicycle parking is available in the City Hall, Coty, and Railway Station car parks.
Free tyre inflation stations are also available near the beach and near the City Hall bus station.
Bicycle maintenance and repair workshops take place on the first Wednesday of each month at the University of Le Havre Normandie.
La Roue Libre will be there to provide you with easy and low-cost solutions to help you repair your bike.
The association also organises casual and fun events dedicated to bicycle riders, like the famous “café cyclo-culturel”.
Bicycle rental service
The “LiA Vélos” service offers both short and long-term rentals of standard, electric, and folding bicycles to meet the needs of tourists as well as those of the locals. To rent a bike :
Railway station bicycle rental station
- From 4th September 2020 to 13th April 2021 : open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 1 pm to 7 pm (except on bank holidays)
- From 15th April to 14th September 2021 : open from Monday to Saturday, from 10 am to 7 pm
Travelling bicycle rental station
- On the beach, from 15th June to 15th September : open everyday from 10 am to 8 pm (short-term standard bicycle rentals only)
Good news !
Standard bicycle rentals are free for students !
The student car park subscription allows you to park your car on all green zone spaces close to higher education institutions and in the Les Halles, P4 Vauban, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau car parks.
To subscribe :
- Sur hariane.fr
- Le Havre City Hall : from Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 4.50 pm, and on Saturdays, from 8 am to 11.50 am (for student rate subscriptions)
The student car park subscription only costs 10 € per month !
Several taxi companies operate in the area.
They operate 24/7, every day of the year.
Sightseeing tours are also available.
To book a taxi, just call : 02 35 25 81 81
To discover Le Havre and its surroundings
By bus or coach
Main destinations from Le Havre :
- Route 12 to Etainhus Railway Station via Saint-Romain-de-Colbosc
- Route 13 to Étretat
- Route 22 to Gonfreville-l’Orcher – Parc de l’Estuaire
For further information, please visit normandie.fr/transports
Check the map to find your way to the bus station
SNCF – Gare du Havre
Cours de la République - 76600 Le Havre
Phone : 36 35
bus : 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 19 et 22 Gares
Tram : A et B Gare
Train : Train LER (Lézarde Express Régional)
Le Havre – Octeville Airport is mainly served by charter flights from France and Europe.